Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Minimalist WIP | First Decluttering of the Year 2017

Without a doubt, as time goes by, things will accumulate. This will be my first time documenting my declutter experience this year. I believe I might have done mini decluttering sessions at the beginning of this year but I did not take the chance to “document/record” it for… records keeping of my own - so to speak.


Ah, spring break, what a good opportunity for spring cleaning. Throughout the week of spring break, I was able to pace myself to declutter my place a bit. So the categories I decluttered mainly were: clothes, shoes, jewelry/accessory, and kitchen appliance(s).


After decluttering my place, I decided to organize all these things. As for clothes, I did laundry and tomorrow I will organize it by season and (finally) put away any winter clothing. I shall be showing you the aftermath of the things I decided to let go of (some of which are in my eBay store - you can go check it out by clicking on the “eBay Store” tab).


And…. behold!


DSC_0997.JPG


Now, from left to right:
  1. bag of plastic bags - to be dropped off at a nearby Rite Aid
  2. Leather military lace up mid calf boots - still in great condition, wore it for more than 5 yrs; but this year I decided to switch out of animal leather products. It will be donated.
  3. Electric kettle - have not been using it for an entire year; it has a crack on the lid, but works perfectly. It will be given to a friend.
  4. Three bags of clothing/textiles - bottom two are clothings which will be donated; top bag is scraps of fabric, products of costume making hobby.  The scraps bag will still be under my roof until I can find a place in NYC to donate it to if possible.


If you happen to know any good resource to donate fabric scraps in NYC - please let me know! I’d greatly appreciate it!

I refuse to live in fear of not having enough.” - Courtney Carver (https://bemorewithless.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment