Sunday, October 25, 2015

NYCC 2015 Report: Friday October 9, 2015 Report

Day 2: Friday, October 9, 2015
I had this plan that day: I would check out the show floor again, and then go home, take a nap, and come back before 9pm to start lining up for Masashi Kishimoto's autograph.

The day started very energetically, I mean, just look at this group of cosplayers!!!



Anyways, my friend and I had to make our NYCC morning short because we were on a ninja mission - to get Kishimoto's autograph! We left around 2:30pm.

At that point I was constantly reviewing the information on the website - they said that their staff won't allow anyone to start queuing up before 9PM (Friday 10/9/15) for the 10:30AM Saturday, October 10, 2015 - Kishimoto's Autographing session. I wanted to reassure myself that things will go alright and as planned.

Sad news was... the staff stopped caring. According to one very resourceful fried of mine, hardcore fanatics lined up at the Hammerstein Ballroom ever since 4:00 PM. Apparently, staff members did try to shoo these fans away, but due to the fans' hardcore nature, they eventually gave up. I can't blame them... Nor I can blame the fans. I would have stayed too. But I was too naive...I left the convention to take a nap so I can camp out the whole night (if needed be) - but OH MY GLOB, that was stupid. At that time I was still at home and didn't know a thing about what was going - URGHHHH!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ 

At 7:30 PM, I set foot out of my place, my friends (queuing at that moment) hurried me constantly to come. Another set back was that I lived about 1.5 to 2 hours away from the convention center - fudge me.

I am done.

Good night - hope you have a sweet dream... I will just be under my blankets and recall how my stupid plan failed.... (ಥ⌣ಥ)


No comments:

Post a Comment