Friday, April 14, 2017

Minimalist WIP | Resources

I discovered the term “Minimalism” a few years back, when I was watching YouTube videos as I was packing my stuff to move. Even til this day after I have already moved, I have been enjoying watching YouTube videos about minimalism. And minimalist doesn’t stop there, it opens you to other kinds of thought process like sustainability, living intentionally, using more natural things on you and around you, etc. Watching and knowing about these individuals taking on these challenges in life, seems like a valid purpose to me as well. I believe that is why I am somewhat addicted to these kind of content since then and now.

Information in video format is efficient these days, especially when people recount their own perspectives. Listening to their experiences and stories  in their own manner of speaking really makes you connect with them and be inspired by them as they have similar goals and ideas relating to minimalism.

Below you will find some resources I like to use/tune in to for inspiration and motivation pertaining to the minimalism idea as a lifestyle choice.

YouTube:
  • Madeleine Olivia - not only does she talk about minimalism, she also offers information into her take on veganism. A lot of her videos focuses on vegan diet.
  • Alli Cherry - your typical YT blogger but with very good resource information about minimalism, zero waste, sustainability, etc.
  • The Minimalist Ninja - recently discovered her videos, she puts out helpful content relating to minimalism and zero/minimal waste lifestyle.
  • Jenny Mustard - One of my favourite YouTuber to watch. I love her minimalistic style in clothing and home decor. Her content is visually beautiful and simplistic, reminds me of Muji stores.
  • Snapshots of Simplicity - a recent find as well. This channel features very nicely on how to live simply and sustainably.

Blogger(s):

Of course, minimalism is not limited to how you manage your clutter, it is also how you live your life. There’s a duo of gentlemen who have started this wave of minimalism in recent years and they call themselves “The Minimalists”. The things they suggest and information they offer, I find valuable. I like to listen to them as I clean my place. It’s as if they are some friends just chatting away in the background - it’s fun. As far as I know, they have made a documentary regarding minimalism and how they perceive life as a minimalist and how it changed them. They also host and record podcasts and live streams on Facebook and Instagram!

Another blog I loosely follow is by Courtney Carver  and her blog is called Be More with Less - this is one of the first minimalism-related content I came across while I was sorting out my wardrobe. Carver offers great pointers on how to curate a capsule wardrobe as well as encouraging words and advice.

That is it for now. It’s a small list, but it works for me.

Oh! I want to start doing “Quote of the Day” at the end now, since I know a real nice quote that I first heard from “The Minimalists” guys:“Love people, use things. The opposite never works.”

No comments:

Post a Comment